Strategic priorities of Analytics Society in 2017
I hope you had a safe and happy holiday season and a good start into the New Year!
The Analytics Society’s leadership team is now launching its strategic priorities for 2017. As described last month, we are going to focus on three areas to add more value for our members and profession, and I would like to invite you to participate.
To further strengthen the Innovative Applications in Analytics Award (IAAA) we are revising our communications approach to increase the reach and impact of the prize. As part of this, we also plan to more formally disseminate the work of select prize submissions. Our objective is to establish IAAA as a premier competition in applied analytics and give it the visibility it deserves.
To provide more opportunities for our members to connect in person, the Analytics Socieity is looking to co-host or co-sponsor additional regional analytics meetings. We are now identifying opportunities for 2017 and are open to suggestions where the Analytics Society can support existing meetings or potentially organize new meetings.
As for our third strategic priority, we are still in the early stages of defining how to best identify and share analytics trends. We envision creating a platform for society members to get access to and distribute topics of interest.
If you are interesting in helping advance any of these areas, contact Erick Wikum (firstname.lastname@example.org) or me (email@example.com). There are great things to come in 2017. Your society officers and I are looking forward to bringing the society forward.
– Stefan Karisch, president, Analytics Society of INFORMS
- 91The Analytics Society of INFORMS enjoyed a successful year in 2016, when it not only received society status within INFORMS, but it also again grew in membership and expanded its scope of activities, all of which were reviewed at a lively reception and business meeting at the 2016 Annual Conference…
- 88Make a difference in underserved communities by volunteering your time and talents to the INFORMS Pro Bono Analytics program. Volunteer opportunities are constantly being added.
- 88The Analytics Society announced three finalists for the 2017 Innovative Applications of Analytics Award (IAAA) sponsored by Caterpillar and the Society. Scott Grasman of Rochester Institute of Technology chaired the judging committee. The finalists will present their projects at the 2017 INFORMS Conference on Analytics & O.R. in Las Vegas…
- 87What are your biggest challenges as the director of an university analytics program? Chances are you’re not alone, and many of your fellow program directors share the same challenges and more. Analytics program directors from across the country will gather in Las Vegas on April 1 for the inaugural Meeting…