Society announces finalists for 2017 IAAA honors
The Analytics Society announced three finalists for the 2017 Innovative Applications of Analytics Award (IAAA) sponsored by Caterpillar and the Society. Scott Grasman of Rochester Institute of Technology chaired the judging committee. The finalists will present their projects at the 2017 INFORMS Conference on Analytics & O.R. in Las Vegas in April. The finalists include:
- “Audience Targeting Solutions Powered by Advanced Analytics”
Contact: José Antonio Carbajal, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- “Combining Multi-Criteria Analysis with Interactive Visualization and Real Time Sensitivity Simulations to Support the Regeneration Process of Disused Railways”
Contact: Valentina Ferretti, London School of Economics and Political Science
- “Assurance of Supply Center – Excellence through Supply Network Optimization”
Contact: Tori Rollings, Caterpillar
The Analytics Society leadership congratulates all of the semifinalists and thanks the judging committee for their hard work in selecting the finalists.
The award is the flagship competition of the Analytics Society. The purpose of the award is to recognize the creative and unique application of a combination of analytical techniques in a new area. The prize promotes the awareness and value of the creative combination of analytics techniques in unusual applications to provide insights and business value.
– Scott Grasman, chair, Innovative Applications of Analytics Award
- 89At the recent INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research, the Analytics Society hosted a recognition breakfast for the winners and participants in competitions that the Society sponsors. The awards included the Innovative Applications in Analytics Award (IAAA), the Student Analytical Scholar Award and the Syngenta Crop Challenge. As…
- 84The Analytics Society of INFORMS enjoyed a successful year in 2016, when it not only received society status within INFORMS, but it also again grew in membership and expanded its scope of activities, all of which were reviewed at a lively reception and business meeting at the 2016 Annual Conference…
- 84Make a difference in underserved communities by volunteering your time and talents to the INFORMS Pro Bono Analytics program. Volunteer opportunities are constantly being added.