See you in Las Vegas!
We hope to see many Analytics Society members in Las Vegas for the upcoming INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research be held April 2-4. As shared in previous communications, the Analytics Society is organizing many exciting events for the conference.
We invite members and others to a business meeting and recognition breakfast to honor finalists for the Caterpillar and INFORMS Analytics Society Innovative Applications of Analytics Award (IAAA), the SAS and INFORMS Analytics Society Student Analytical Scholar Competition and the Syngenta Crop Challenge. I hope you will join us on April 4 between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m.
The finalist presentations for IAAA and the Crop Challenge will be part of the conference program, and I encourage you to attend these presentations.
The Analytics Society supports again the INFORMS Professional Colloquium to help practice-oriented graduate students transition into successful real-world careers. The colloquium will take place on April 2, and we are still looking for volunteers to mentor these students throughout the conference. If you are interested, please let Erick Wikum (email@example.com) know.
I look forward to connecting with you in Las Vegas.
– Stefan Karisch, president, Analytics Society of INFORMS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 91The Analytics Society of INFORMS enjoyed a successful year in 2016, when it not only received society status within INFORMS, but it also again grew in membership and expanded its scope of activities, all of which were reviewed at a lively reception and business meeting at the 2016 Annual Conference…
- 88The deadline for submitting proposal presentations for the 2017 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research is Jan. 15, 2017. The conference will be held April 2-4 in Las Vegas.
- 87The INFORMS Professional Colloquium (IPC), to be held Sunday, April 2, during the INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research in Las Vegas, will provide real-world career guidance for a select group of practice-oriented graduate students. During the all-day IPC, the students will receive career advice from veteran practitioners…
- 84Two senior executives from marquee companies – Nicole Piasecki, VP of Business Development and Strategic Integration at Boeing Commercial Airplanes, and Sandy Carter, VP of Social Business Evangelism and Sales at IBM – will headline the 2013 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research, April 7-9, in San Antonio,…