November/December 2016: Table of Contents
Russia’s new approach to extending its influence necessitates new
approaches to assessment.
By Douglas Samuelson
Making analytics work: Why consistently delivering value requires
effective project management.
By Erick Wikum
Using the crowd: When to use a traditional crowdsourcing model
and when to use an alternative.
By Ben Christensen
Past, present and future of dynamic software emphasizes
continuous improvement of analytics tool.
By Samantha Oleson
Why half of big data projects fail: Don’t overlook the key role
data lakes play in successful big data strategy.
By Prashant Tyagi and Haluk Demirkan
Book excerpt: “Sport Business Analytics: Using Data to Increase
Revenue and Improve Operational Efficiency.”
By C. Keith Harrison and Scott Bukstein
News & Notes
- 89The CUNY School of Professional Studies is offering a new online master of science degree in data analytics. The program prepares its graduates for high-demand and fast-growing careers as data analysts, data specialists, business intelligence analysts, information analysts and data engineers in such fields as business, operations, marketing, social media,…
- 84January/February 2017 The CIA’s new transparency Driving smarter decisions on pricing, promotion Industrie 4.0: Analytics everywhere Analytics @ Google IoT unleashes endless business opportunities BPM empowering IoT business users Ada Lovelace: ‘poetical scientist’ November/December 2016 Putin vs. Western analysts Making analytics work through practical project management Crowdsourcing – Using the…
- 83Many organizations have noticed that the data they own and how they use it can make them different than others to innovate, to compete better and to stay in business. That’s why organizations try to collect and process as much data as possible, transform it into meaningful information with data-driven…
- 83Benjamin Franklin offered this sage advice in the 18th century, but he left one key question unanswered: How? How do you successfully drive a business? More specifically, how do you develop the business strategy drivers that incite a business to grow and thrive? The 21st-century solution has proven to be…
- 82“Drive thy business or it will drive thee.” Benjamin Franklin offered this sage advice in the 18th century, but he left one key question unanswered: How? How do you successfully drive a business? More specifically, how do you develop the business strategy drivers that incite a business to grow and…