March/April 2017: Table of Contents
Account-based marketing, and the related technology of predictive lead scoring, is dramatically changing the face of sales and marketing.
By Megan Lueders
Trends, developments and what the past year of sports and politics taught us about variability and statistical predictions.
By James J. Swain
Cathy O’Neil’s provocative best-selling book explores the dark side of data science, but data science is largely good. Here’s why.
By Eric Siegel
As the cost of failed new hires grows, so does the importance of
pre-hire assessment. How to find the right talent assessment vendor.
By Greta Roberts
The analytics story behind the Scottish secession vote, “Brexit” referendum and U.S. presidential election.
By Douglas A. Samuelson
Analytics in Action
Conference Preview: Analytics & O.R.
Q&A: Analytics conference chairman
Conference preview: Marketing Science
Conference preview: Healthcare
- 79Account-based marketing (ABM) – and the related technology of predictive lead scoring – is dramatically changing the face of sales and marketing. The difference is like spearfishing when all you’ve known before is dragging a net. It’s much more precise and uses analytical processes to ensure that your efforts are…
- 74Eric Siegel, founder of Predictive Analytics World (PAW, a series of conferences held throughout the year in major U.S. and European cites) and the author of the new book, “Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict who will Click, Buy, Lie or Die,” is without question a key player in the…
- 72July/August 2013 O.R. vs. analytics … and now data science? By Brian Keller In a 2010 survey , members of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) were asked to compare operations research (O.R.) and analytics. Thirty percent of the respondents stated, “O.R. is a subset of…
- 65Cathy O’Neil’s provocative book, “Weapons of Math Destruction: How big data increases inequality and threatens democracy,” created quite a stir in the analytics community when it was released last fall.
- 65The CUNY School of Professional Studies is offering a new online master of science degree in data analytics. The program prepares its graduates for high-demand and fast-growing careers as data analysts, data specialists, business intelligence analysts, information analysts and data engineers in such fields as business, operations, marketing, social media,…