Looking forward to the INFORMS Analytics Conference in Vegas
Another exciting INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research is fast approaching. Set for April 2-4 in Las Vegas, the conference promises to be a great venue to meet other practitioners and to hear carefully selected speakers and competition finalists describe analytics in action.
The conference organizing committee is assembling an outstanding program focused on analytics practice. Speakers will be given ample time (50 minutes) to delve deeply into their topics, enabling listeners to think about take-home ideas to further explore in their organization. The conference also offers plenty of networking opportunities, which I have found particularly valuable and that have helped me build long-lasting professional (and personal) relationships.
The Analytics Society is also organizing several events for the conference, including:
- A breakfast to honor finalists for the Caterpillar and INFORMS Analytics Society Innovative;
- Applications in Analytics Award (IAAA), the SAS and INFORMS Analytics Society Student Analytical Scholar Competition and the Syngenta Crop Challenge;
- Finalist presentations for IAAA and the Syngenta Crop Challenge and posters by the Student Analytical Scholar winner;
- The INFORMS Professional Colloquium to help practice-oriented graduate students transition into successful real-world careers; and
- Numerous sponsored sessions providing valuable lessons from actual analytics case studies.
If you haven’t experienced the INFORMS analytics conference, I suggest that you see the value for yourself this year. The Analytics Society officers and I are looking forward to seeing you in Las Vegas.
– Stefan Karisch, president, Analytics Society of INFORMS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 98The 2017 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research will take place in Las Vegas on April 2-4 at Caesars Palace. Analytics 2017 will bring together nearly a thousand leading analytics professionals and industry experts to share ideas, network and learn through real-life examples of data-based analytical decisions.
- 88The 2017 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & O.R. in Las Vegas this spring will feature a special day-long event for a select group of practice-oriented analytics and operations research graduate students. The INFORMS Professional Colloquium (IPC), scheduled for April 2, will provide students nominated by their departments and competitively…
- 88The deadline for submitting proposal presentations for the 2017 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research is Jan. 15, 2017. The conference will be held April 2-4 in Las Vegas.
- 86The INFORMS Professional Colloquium (IPC), to be held Sunday, April 2, during the INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research in Las Vegas, will provide real-world career guidance for a select group of practice-oriented graduate students. During the all-day IPC, the students will receive career advice from veteran practitioners…
- 83The Analytics Section of INFORMS hosted a recognition breakfast for those who won awards and competitions sponsored by the Section at the recent INFORMS Business Analytics & Operations Research Conference in Huntington Beach, Calif.