July/August 2016: Table of Contents
By Douglas A. Samuelson
Predicting the 2016 U.S. presidential election: What the “13 Keys”
forecast, what to watch for and why they might not matter.
By Lisa Clark
Exploring the softer side of sales analytics, where data, timely messaging and the human element converge for success.
By Brad Kolarov
Focus on data, not infrastructure: Three things to look for, three things to avoid when starting down big data analytics path.
By Steve Curd
Two essentials for success in value-based medicine to manage health, improve outcomes and keep costs under control.
By Rodger Smith
Fighting fraud, waste and abuse using data and analytics tools is a critical step toward making healthcare affordable for all.
By Chris Fry and Vijay Mehrotra
New tools, new capabilities and new trends: Survey of 26 forecasting software packages from 19 vendors.
- 96March/April 2017 ABM and predictive lead scorin Software Survey: Joys, perils of statistics Disarming 'Weapons Of Math Destruction' Predictive talent acquisition strategy Voter motives and messages January/February 2017 The CIA’s new transparency Driving smarter decisions on pricing, promotion Industrie 4.0: Analytics everywhere Analytics @ Google IoT unleashes endless business opportunities…
- 93The CUNY School of Professional Studies is offering a new online master of science degree in data analytics. The program prepares its graduates for high-demand and fast-growing careers as data analysts, data specialists, business intelligence analysts, information analysts and data engineers in such fields as business, operations, marketing, social media,…
- 86The big news for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in March was the failure of the alternative healthcare bill on the House floor. For the first time since the election campaign season began, we heard real conversations between politicians and their constituents about healthcare. The uproar about healthcare in recent…
- 83Benjamin Franklin offered this sage advice in the 18th century, but he left one key question unanswered: How? How do you successfully drive a business? More specifically, how do you develop the business strategy drivers that incite a business to grow and thrive? The 21st-century solution has proven to be…
- 79Working with big data is fast becoming a key step in the process of scientific discovery and engineering. This is happening as technologies such as smart sensors and the Internet of Things (IoT) are enabling vast amounts of detailed data to be collected from scientific instruments, manufacturing systems, connected cars,…