January/February 2013 Table of Contents
By Samir Gulati
New approach, technology blends data, process and collaboration for better, faster decision-making.
By David Zakkam and Deepinder Singh Dhingra
Ten things to consider when evaluating analytics and decision sciences partners.
By George Shen
Obama team’s all-front campaign leveraged Web, mobile, TV, social media and analytics.
By Bruce W. Patty
Lessons learned while working with the largest domestic container fleet in North America.
By William M. Patchak
Relationship between technology, thoughtful analysis remains essential to success of any software tool.
Certified Analytics Professional
- 84Organizations of all sizes and types are awash in data possibilities, yet most of them cannot capitalize on the potential for a variety of reasons. The good news, however, is that with the right decisions and focus, these possibilities can turn quickly into realized opportunities.
- 75Jim Williams, CAP, of FICO and Aaron Burciaga, CAP, of Accenture Digital have been elected chair and vice chair, respectively, of the 2017 Analytics Certification Board (ACB). The ACB, whose members are elected by INFORMS and CAP® designees, meets on a quarterly basis to provide oversight and guidance to the…
- 70The CUNY School of Professional Studies is offering a new online master of science degree in data analytics. The program prepares its graduates for high-demand and fast-growing careers as data analysts, data specialists, business intelligence analysts, information analysts and data engineers in such fields as business, operations, marketing, social media,…
- 66“Drive thy business or it will drive thee.” Benjamin Franklin offered this sage advice in the 18th century, but he left one key question unanswered: How? How do you successfully drive a business? More specifically, how do you develop the business strategy drivers that incite a business to grow and…
- 66Benjamin Franklin offered this sage advice in the 18th century, but he left one key question unanswered: How? How do you successfully drive a business? More specifically, how do you develop the business strategy drivers that incite a business to grow and thrive? The 21st-century solution has proven to be…