INFORMS unveils new logo
During the recent 2016 INFORMS Annual Meeting, Vice President of Marketing and Outreach Laura Albert McLay unveiled an exciting change for the organization – a new logo that will officially begin to be used with the launch of the new INFORMS website in the spring of 2017.
McLay explained that earlier this year – after the INFORMS Board approved developing a new website to promote INFORMS members, the fields of operations research and analytics, and the overall value of INFORMS – the conversation turned to whether or not INFORMS should consider updating its logo as well. After extensive discussion, a variety of logos were tested with the membership and one was ultimately chosen.
McLay also previewed the new IOL (INFORMS Online), which is expected to go live prior to the 2017 Conference on Business Analytics and Operations Research in April. Stay tuned for more information about the new INFORMS website.
- 72The deadline for submitting proposal presentations for the 2017 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research is Jan. 15, 2017. The conference will be held April 2-4 in Las Vegas.
- 62Thomas Davenport, analytics pioneer and thought-leader, will headline the 2014 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics and O.R. with a keynote address on “Analytics 3.0: Where Big Data and Traditional Analytics Meet.” The meeting, scheduled for March 30-April 1, is expected to draw more than 900 analytics professionals to Boston for…
- 61As business and government leaders increasingly adopt analytics to run their organizations better, many in management and among analytics professionals are asking: Is my organization taking full advantage of the insights that our data can reveal? How analytically mature is our organization? How can we do better?
- 59Make a difference in underserved communities by volunteering your time and talents to the INFORMS Pro Bono Analytics program. Volunteer opportunities are constantly being added.
- 59A brand new INFORMS competition provides real-world workplace experience for undergraduate and master’s level students. Student teams will be given the same business problem, data sets and access to software to solve a challenging problem using an O.R./analytics approach. A panel of industry and academic experts will judge written submissions…