Gurobi introduces Gurobi Optimizer v7.0
Gurobi Optimization recently introduced Gurobi Optimizer v7.0, with higher performance and powerful new modeling capabilities.
Some of the enhancements and new features include:
- Significant performance improvements across MIP, LP, QCP, MIQCP and MIQP problem types.
- Python modeling enhancements, including new methods and classes that further simplify the task of translating mathematical models into efficient implementations.
- Support for multiple objectives, allowing users to associate multiple, independent optimization objectives with their model and then perform either blended or lexicographic optimization on the resulting multi-objective model.
- MIP solution pool support, so users can obtain more than just one optimal solution to an MIP model.
- General constraints, so users can enter commonly occurring constraints (MIN/MAX, ABS, AND/OR and Indicator constraints) without having to translate them into linear constraints.
- Support for tuning criterion, so users can search for settings that produce the best lower bound, upper bound or gap.
In addition, Gurobi has added support for Python 3.5 on the Mac, enhanced its .NET property support and added a number of useful new parameters.
For more information, visit http://www.gurobi.com/.
- 69FEATURES Why large, once-successful companies fail By Gary Cokins The reasons are numerous, but the world’s problems are more complex than ever, creating the need for analytics. Actionable Analytics By Krishna Rupanagunta, Meena Anantha Padmanabhan and Vinay Mony How to convert thought into action and bridge the gap between analytics…
- 69Some of the biggest names in the high-tech software and consulting universe – IBM, SAS, Microsoft and Fair Isaac to name just a few – have seen the future of business in this increasingly international, interconnected world and the future is … analytics.
- 60Analytic software firm FICO recently announced that Norvik Banka, one of the oldest commercial banks in Latvia, will use the FICO TONBELLER Compliance Solutions to fight money laundering and financial crime. Bank regulators in Latvia have increased scrutiny on banks suspected of allowing money laundering, resulting in record fines and…
- 55January/February Social media, marketing & analytics, v. 4.0 Beyond SaaS: infrastructure, platform as a service Talent shortage: in search of deep analytical skills March/April Software survey: statistical analysis Data revolution: AI and machine learning IoT: devices, connectivity, IT and more May/June Cognitive computing: what’s next? Data quality: cleaning up messy…