Early registration discounts for continuing education courses
INFORMS, the world’s leading organization for advanced analytics, will present two courses in the months ahead – one on essential skills, the other on data exploration & visualization – as part of its Continuing Education for Analytics Professionals program. Be a part of these intensive two-day, in-person courses that deliver real take-away value to implement immediately at work. You’ll leave the classroom ready to apply the real skills, tools and methods of analytics.
Individuals who register early save $100 off the price of each course.
In this course you will learn practical tools for integrating analytical skills into real-world problem-solving for businesses and other organizations. The course provides approaches that can you can apply immediately to a wide variety of settings, whether within your own organization or for your clients.
• Learn to link subject-matter expertise to the challenges of messy, unstructured problems, organizational noise and non-technical decision-makers.
• Understand best-practice techniques, including: problem statement summaries, issue trees, interview guides, work plans, sensitivity analysis, stress-testing recommendations, the “Pyramid Principle” of story logic, story-boarding, slide-craft, delivering presentations and fielding Q&A sessions.
Feb. 20-21 – Atlanta (register by Feb. 6 to save $100)
March 28-29 – Boston (register by March 7 to save $100)
June 20-21 – San Jose, Calif. (register by May 30 to save $100)
In this course you will be re-introduced to approaching data in a powerful, yet playful manner. You will see and experience how exploration and visualization can be used to answer existing questions, thereby corroborating or invalidating hunches and preconceptions.
• Have confidence to explore new data using the exploration/visualization approach.
• Be able to approach and deploy interactive visualization.
• Understand how to identify practically meaningful discoveries.
• Experience the use of state-of-the-art visualization software.
• Think creatively about data and insight.
March 28-29 – Boston (register by Mar. 7 to save $100)
June 25-26 – San Jose, Calif. (register by June 4 to save $100)
For more information on the course and available discounts, visit www.informs.org/continuinged.
- 61Benjamin Franklin offered this sage advice in the 18th century, but he left one key question unanswered: How? How do you successfully drive a business? More specifically, how do you develop the business strategy drivers that incite a business to grow and thrive? The 21st-century solution has proven to be…
- 60The CUNY School of Professional Studies is offering a new online master of science degree in data analytics. The program prepares its graduates for high-demand and fast-growing careers as data analysts, data specialists, business intelligence analysts, information analysts and data engineers in such fields as business, operations, marketing, social media,…
- 59What are your biggest challenges as the director of an university analytics program? Chances are you’re not alone, and many of your fellow program directors share the same challenges and more. Analytics program directors from across the country will gather in Las Vegas on April 1 for the inaugural Meeting…
- 56Make a difference in underserved communities by volunteering your time and talents to the INFORMS Pro Bono Analytics program. Volunteer opportunities are constantly being added.