Conference Preview: Viva Las Vegas! Analytics 2017 set for Caesars on April 2-4
The 2017 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics and Operations Research will take place in Las Vegas on April 2-4 at Caesars Palace. Caesars is one of the most prestigious casino hotels in the world, as well as one of Las Vegas’ largest and best-known landmarks.
Analytics 2017 will bring together nearly a thousand leading analytics professions and industry experts to share ideas, network and learn through real-life examples of data-based analytical decisions. Long-formatted talks offer an outlet to hear the complete story of successful analytical projects from inception through implementation. This conference also offers substantial networking opportunities, making it the analytics event of the year for anyone who works in the analytics, operations research or management science fields.
Hand-picked Topics and Speakers
The conference has seen huge growth and success year after year due in part to the conference program committees. They develop the topic tracks, select speakers and organize the presentations that comprise the heart of the conference. Maher Lahmar, IBM Solutions Executive, chairs the conference. The 38 members of the program committee include analysts and managers from companies such as Accenture, BNSF Railway, Chevron, Deloitte, Gartner, Google, Innovative Decisions, Intel, InterContinental Hotels Group, Kroger, Lockheed Martin, Mayo Clinic, The MITRE Corp., SAS, Schneider and Walt Disney Company, as well as leading universities and government agencies.
The conference committee has designated nine topical tracks for the 2017 invited speaker program: “Analytics Leadership and Soft Skills,” “Analytics on Unstructured Data,” “Decision and Risk Analysis,” “Emerging Analytics,” “Entertainment and Gaming,” “Internet of Things,” “Marketing Analytics,” “Revenue Management and Pricing” and “Supply Chain Applications.” The program will be rounded out by six tracks of hand-picked, member-contributed talks, software tutorials from vendor sponsors and poster presentations.
The following speakers are confirmed for Analytics 2017: David Simchi-Levi, MIT; Tammy Farley, The Rainmaker Group; Xingchu Liu, BlackLocus/Home Depot Innovation Lab; Mei Zhang, American Airlines; Dave Schrader, Teradata; Jean Utke, Allstate; Stephen DeAngelis, Enterra Solutions; Tauhid Zaman, MIT; and Garrett Van Ryzin, Columbia/Uber.
Poster Presenters & Discounted Registration Rate
Interested students and professionals may submit a poster proposal and receive a discounted registration rate if selected to present at the meeting. The poster format is great for works-in-progress on which the speaker is looking for feedback or successful projects that may not be extensive enough for a 50-minute talk. The deadline for all poster presentations to be submitted is Feb. 20. If your poster is selected you can take advantage of a discounted registration rate of $1,070.
Early rates of $1,175 for INFORMS members and $1,470 for nonmembers are available until Feb. 6. Organizations can take advantage of the $1,070 team discount rate when they send three or more attendees to the conference. A $1,070 newcomer rate is also offered. This special rate applies to any INFORMS member who is attending the conference for the first time. All meals for two days are included in all registration fees.
For information regarding conference registration or submitting a presentation, visit meetings.informs.org/analytics2017.
- 71The 2017 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research will take place in Las Vegas on April 2-4 at Caesars Palace. Analytics 2017 will bring together nearly a thousand leading analytics professionals and industry experts to share ideas, network and learn through real-life examples of data-based analytical decisions.
- 69Another exciting INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research is fast approaching. Set for April 2-4 in Las Vegas, the conference promises to be a great venue to meet other practitioners and to hear carefully selected speakers and competition finalists describe analytics in action.
- 62The 2017 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & O.R. in Las Vegas this spring will feature a special day-long event for a select group of practice-oriented analytics and operations research graduate students. The INFORMS Professional Colloquium (IPC), scheduled for April 2, will provide students nominated by their departments and competitively…
- 59What are your biggest challenges as the director of an university analytics program? Chances are you’re not alone, and many of your fellow program directors share the same challenges and more. Analytics program directors from across the country will gather in Las Vegas on April 1 for the inaugural Meeting…
- 56The INFORMS Professional Colloquium (IPC), to be held Sunday, April 2, during the INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research in Las Vegas, will provide real-world career guidance for a select group of practice-oriented graduate students. During the all-day IPC, the students will receive career advice from veteran practitioners…